, owner/coach of The Voice Connection, has over a decade of experience in the voice-over industry. She was talent director for the Los Angeles based TGMD (formally known as The Tisherman Agency) and has worked with some of the top voice-over talents in the country. She currently has her own private coaching studio in Scottsdale where she produces voice-over demos and conducts her classes. In the past few years, Tonja has taught hundreds of valley actors the art of voice-over.
UPCOMING CLASS INFO BELOW
The Voice Connection
If you keep hearing, “You have a GREAT voice!”
let Tonja Roger’s Comprehensive Voice-over Workshop
help you turn it into something more exciting – like real work!
Join Voice-over Guru, Tonja Rogers in this comprehensive vocal workshop with select sessions by Diane Senffner, voice/ dialect coach, and Matt Englehart, talent Agent at Ford/RBA. They’ll help provide you with the ‘vocal tools’ to get you the voice-over work you want and prepare you for agent representation!
This series of classes concentrates on the techniques to guide you and give you the tools you need to understand how the voice-over business works and how it can work for you!
Tonya has over a decade of experience in the voice over industry. She was talent director for the Los Angeles based TGMD (formally known as The Tisherman Agency) and has worked with some of the top voice over talents in the country. She currently has her own private coaching studio in Scottsdale where she produces voice-over demos and conducts her classes. In the past few years, Tonja has taught hundreds of valley actors the art of voice-over.
A former actor himself, Matt Englehart started his career as an agent at the famed William Morris Agency in Beverly Hills. He then went on to have a brief stint as a digital animator for Fox Animation Studios in Phoenix. Currently, he is the On-Camera/Commercial Print Director for the FORD/Robert Black Agency in Scottsdale, Arizona where he has handled actors and models for TV, film, commercials; voice-overs and commercial print projects for over ten years.
has been coaching dialects since the early ‘90s both in Chicago and Cincinnati. She kicked her dialect coaching business into full gear a few years back after spending long stretches working in the U.K. Since 2004, she’s coached dozens of the Valley’s top actors in how to speak in Standard British, Cockney, Irish (Northern and Southern), Scottish and Welsh dialects, and with accents from all over the globe. She has been coaching voice and vocal power, enunciation etc, for years as well. She has a B.S in theatre and communications from University of Cincinnati CCM and a master in education.
What you’ll walk away with:
Harnessing Your Voice :
- Learn how the voice works and how it can be controlled
- Learn about pitch and resonance, practice using variations to create different vocal sounds, and learn to make your voice sound more interesting
- Learn about breath control in voice work
- Learn about enunciation, upglides, downglides and words that are commonly mispronounced in voice work
- Activities include partner reads and exercises that improve vocal technique
The English Dialect for beginners 101
- Learn the most important sounds of the English dialect
- Learn to hear the differences between English dialect and dialects of other English-speaking countries
- We’ll discuss Queen’s English or Received Pronunciation, Estuary English and working class dialects
- Activities include group exercise readings and partner/group reads from literature/drama
- Why have an agent...what do agents do....?
- Preparing your skills before meeting with an agent
- Are you SAG/AFTRA?
- Materials you will need for representation
- Resumes, headshots, demo reels
- Agent submission
- Once an agent signs you, then what?
Class is held in the Scottsdale area - class size is limited to 10 students only!
This is a 10-week class.
Class begins Wednesday Febuary 11th from 7 to 9:15pm
Tuition is 40.00 per class.
There is a 105.00 deposit required to reserve your seat. This deposit pays for class 9 and 10 and includes 25.00 material fee.
All missed classes are to be paid at the following class.
You will be able to attend the missed class at the next session free.
Credit cards accepted to pay class in full.
Please call The Voice Connection at 1-800-381-4882 to register